Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jerry and Joe, small business owners

Thanks to Boys of Steel: The Creators of Superman, I've branched out beyond schools and libraries in booking speaking engagements. The new (to me) venues have ranged from Jewish museums to historical societies. Soon I will add my first luncheon keynote address to the list. And to deliver that address, I'm making my third trip to Cleveland (fourth to Ohio) in nine months.

The Council of Smaller Enterprises (COSE), which I've been told is part of the largest Chamber of Commerce in the country, kindly invited me to speak at their Home Business Network Annual Luncheon, held on 8/26/09. This year's theme is "Spotlight on Success."

To promote the event, COSE set up this radio interview with me:


All professional artists must also be, on some level, businesspeople. Like the interview, the keynote looks at Jerry and Joe's creation of Superman as a home-based business success story. When you know a body of material well enough, you find yourself able to mold it to fit angles you didn't think you'd ever be asked to speak about.

No comments: