Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Bill the Boy Wonder" - the site

Charlesbridge, publisher of Bill the Boy Wonder: The Secret Co-Creator of Batman, kindly built a site for the book. I got to populate it with content that repurposes material from the book in fun and different ways. I even got to create the world's first games with a Bill Finger theme. (No one was in line behind me.)

The site has been up for months but I've waited till now to mention it here because certain parts (spoiler alert!) could not be uploaded till after the book released earlier this month.


Here are select screen shots:

"A quest 70 for justice years in the making"...sorry, but I love that.

I wanted to feature a Bill Finger trading card even though
(unlike the Finger games) I was not the first to do so.








More games are forthcoming (but possibly here instead of there).

My favorite part of the site may be the little swoosh of animation on the welcome page. When I suggested this sequence, I did not think it would be easy enough to take the time to create. I'm so glad I was wrong. Below are stills. To see it in motion, either print and clip out these four covers and make a mini-flip-it book or simply click here.

No comments: